Wednesday, March 23, 2005

In Love with My Tablet PC

I had to say, I am very fortunate to get the chance to use a Tablet PC (TPC). If I did not join Heulab, my present company, I would probably never get the chance to ever mess around with one. Although I been using Notebooks for many years since the days of MS-DOS, but when Windows 95 first arrived, it was the first OS I used that had a windows interface that allows me to point and click on items on the screen with a Serial mouse.
Since Windows taken over the PC world for these many years, I had been depending on the good old mouse to navigate. Even when the touchpad and button pointer came along for notebooks, I still was fully mouse-dependant.
But now with the TPC, I am beginning to get the hang of it with the attached stylus to replace the old faithful mouse.
The TPC given to me to use as my work machine is a Toshiba Portege. Though it did not come with a built-in CD-ROM drive, the fact that it is a TPC running on Windows XP Tablet PC edition had really make my life so much easier when working on MS-Office. I can use the stylus to write freehand annotations into my documents, spreadsheets and even powerpoint slides.
Truly, TPC with applications specially designed for it would be the most ideal tool for teachers and students in the education sector.
Now, I can actually work without the mouse and that means one less item to carry along with me.
If only the battery technology can be so advance as to allow me to have 24 hours of power with one full charge, I can also tag along my TPC without having to drag along the heavy and bulky AC Adaptor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home